I started early on this day. The train ride is about 4 hours, with a transfer at Okayama. Because of this day trip, I knew that I have fully taken advantage of the JR Pass. You see, one way ticket with reserved seats from Osaka to Matsuyama costs about ¥11,070.
There was no sightseeing involved on this day as it was intended for me to spend the day with Yukari-san and Midori-san. I was surprised when Iwai-san's ex-wife showed up.
But if you do go there, a must visit is the Dogo Onsen. If you are familiar with Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away, it was said that the Onsen there was based on Dogo Onsen. Also, Dogo Onsen is the oldest Onsen in Japan.
You can also visit Matsuyama Castle, if you aren't sick of seeing Japanese castles.
If you are a cyclist, then maybe you could try Shimanami Kaido , or go to Shimonada Station in Iyo and watch the sunset there. (Note: These two are the activities I want to do on my next Japan trip)

No comments:
Post a Comment